Mid-Columbia Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels, Tri-Cities, WA
Since 1974, Mid-Columbia Meals on Wheels has been meeting the social and nutritional needs of older adults in our community. We serve delicious and nutritious meals at eight different senior dining centers within Benton and Franklin counties, and volunteers deliver Meals on Wheels to the homebound elderly.
- We serve seniors age 60+ who live in Benton and Franklin counties
- Meals are provided to seniors on a donation-only basis
- Meals are delivered Monday through Friday
- Meals on Wheels volunteers receive background checks and training prior to working as a volunteer
* Serving days and times have been changed in deference to COVID-19 restrictions. We hope to return to normal hours of operation soon. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Home Delivered Meals
Mid-Columbia Meals on Wheels offers home delivery of nutritious meals directly to the homes of
seniors age 60+ who are:
- Unable to cook for themselves,
- Lacking a support system to provide a lunchtime meal.
Hot meals are available Monday through Friday, with frozen meals available for weekends and holidays,
if desired. There are no financial qualifiers for service, and all meals are provided on an optional,
confidential, donation-only basis. Seniors are asked to donate only what is comfortable within their own
budgets. No senior is denied service based on an inability to make a donation.
Without Meals on Wheels, I would literally starve to death or have to be moved to a nursing home. I have no energy to cook, and I’m always struggling just to catch my breath. The drivers are my lifeline to the world, and I can’t wait to see them every day. I just don’t know what I’d do without you guys. I thank every one of you.”