Spring is nearly here, which for me is great reason to celebrate! I love the warmer weather, sunshine, and thoughts
of gardening. I’m happy to spend more time outside, for sure.. We also have many reasons to celebrate here at
Meals on Wheels:
• Thanks to superhuman efforts from our staff, and eager response to our volunteer campaign, we have successfully transitioned to 4 days a week of home delivery and take-out hot & frozen meals at our dining centers.
• Our new volunteers are already having a great impact on our program.. Pictures of many of the new volunteers
are shown on pages 2-4 of this newsletter.
• We are grateful for the many long-time/veteran volunteers who have stepped up to help new volunteers learn
the finer points of their volunteer positions.
• Our community has continued to support us through donations, encouragement, and sharing our mission.
• Our Richland Café drive-thru continues to serve a loyal group who pick up hot meals Monday through Friday.
• Local COVID cases are finally starting to decrease, which offers hope that we’ll be able to return to serving meals
at our community/senior centers fairly soon. (Our collective fingers are definitely crossed!)
Thank you to everyone who has supported our agency. I hope that everyone connected to our program will find
reason to celebrate this spring!