SALARY $15.74 – $19.16 Hourly LOCATION Richland, WA
JOB TYPE On-Call DEPARTMENT Meals on Wheels
OPENING DATE 09/07/2023 CLOSING DATE 09/13/2023 3:59 PM Pacific
Since 1974, Mid-Columbia Meals on Wheels has been meeting the social and nutritional needs of older adults in our community. We serve delicious and nutritious meals at eight different senior dining centers within Benton and Franklin counties, and volunteers deliver Meals on Wheels to the homebound elderly.
Meals on Wheels is accepting applications for an on-call Meal Site Manager who will complete the tasks performed by a Site Manager in their absence, providing staffing at any of our 8 senior dining centers. The Substitute will be present during business hours of operation and will supervise the delivery of meals to homebound clients as well as the service of meals to in-person diners, following established standards of nutrition, health, and sanitation. Paperwork, follow-up, and phone calls are critical tasks for this position. This position is an on-call position who will serve as the “Person in Charge” per Washington State Food Code requirements. (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions of this class).
- Supervise the set-up, presentation, serving, and cleaning up of meals.
- Assemble food, dishes, utensils, and supplies needed for timely meal preparation.
- Heat & serve menu items as directed.
- Supervise volunteers in set-up, service, and clean-up of meal site.
- Supervise volunteers in delivery of home-delivered meals.
- Operate kitchen equipment as required.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
As a team member at Senior Life Resources/Meals on Wheels, you’ll enjoy:
- 1 sick hour earned for every 22 paid hours worked, accrued per year. Note: the carry-over cap for this position is 720 hours. Sick leave accrual begins on the date of hire.
- 401 (k) retirement savings plan. In 2023, SLR offers up to a 3% match to the employee’s contribution. For example, a 2% contribution gets a 2% match from SLR, etc. Contribution and matching to 401 (k) will occur after 1 year of service and 1000 hours of service.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Chaplain Service provides emotional, cognitive, behavioral, and spiritual support.
- Public Loan Forgiveness eligible employer (If you are employed by SLR, and meet the qualifying criteria, you may be eligible to receive student loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.)
- Same Day Pay Available with Tap Check Services
- 4 Paid “Floating Time Off” Hours
Open until filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by Wednesday, September 13, 2023, at 4:00 pm.
Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to your application!
Note regarding the listed pay range: The pay range is based on several factors including but not limited to length of service, experience, and applicable certifications.
Senior Life Resources is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs, or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact our Human Resources Department at (509)735-2067.