Thanksgiving always seems to hit before I’m really ready for the holidays, but I love that November gets us focused on our blessings and good fortune. Although it’s impossible to list all the folks and groups who help make our work possible, Meals on Wheels has so many reasons to be thankful, and the shortlist includes:
- Our unbelievably dedicated volunteers and staff who work hard to provide meal service for our seniors!
- Our extended Senior Life Resources staff who handle our finance, payroll, and human resources needs.
- Our Senior Life Resources Board of Directors who share wisdom, leadership, and direction.
- The wonderful City partners throughout Benton and Franklin Counties who support our mission by providing space at their Senior/Community Centers.
- Our seniors who share their lives, encourage us, and befriend us.
- Our many community partners who provide both financial resources and volunteer time.
My hope for all of you is that your November will be filled with good happenings, good food, and good company!
Nutrition Services Director